Home > Lifestyle > Vegetarian Recipes > Tofu Rolls
These tasty tofu rolls are a vegetarian version of sausage rolls and kids absolutely love them. They are great for parties, picnics and lunch boxes as well as a light lunch or dinner served with fresh garden salad and chips.
- 1 packet puff pastry
- 500g firm tofu
- 6 slices whole meal bread
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sesame seeds optional
- Cracked black pepper optional
- Soak the bread in warm water for 5 minutes and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Crumble tofu and mix bread, onions, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Cut pastry sheets in half.
- Spoon tofu mixture along one side of pastry, being careful not to put too much filling into pastry. Roll the pastry over placing the fold on the bottom.
- Brush with water, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cut into 4 segments per roll.
- Bake in hot oven (200°C/400°F) for 10 minutes and then turn to moderate (180°C/350°F) for 30-40 mins or until golden brown.