Mutual Respect Policy
The Australian School of Meditation & Yoga (ASMY) seeks to create a safe, peaceful, and non-competitive environment, in which individuals have the opportunity to learn the practice of yoga through various classes, workshops and other programs.
Every individual attending ASMY’s programs, whether as a teacher or a participant, should be treated with respect, dignity and fairness, and to participate in an enjoyable and safe environment. Harassment, abuse, and any other form of inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
Mutual Respect Policy Guidelines
Our teachers and representatives seek to:
- Welcome and respect all students regardless of age, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, personal beliefs, political affiliation, physical abilities, or sexual orientation.
- Teach within the boundaries of their training, competence, and experience.
- Develop their yoga knowledge and skills through ongoing education and study.
- Uphold the integrity of the yoga tradition by conducting themselves in a professional, and conscientious manner, and teaching by personal example.
- Respect the dignity and privacy of all students and attendees.
- Maintain appropriate teacher/student relationship boundaries.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable, environment for the practice of yoga and meditation.
What we ask of students and attendees:
- Treat ASMY representatives and fellow attendees at ASMY programs and events, with respect and dignity.
- Do not engage in behaviour or conduct that is inappropriate, disturbing, disruptive, or offensive to others.
What constitutes unacceptable behaviour and conduct:
Unacceptable behaviours include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unwelcome physical, verbal, or non-verbal conduct
- Actual or threatened physical or sexual assault
- Sexual or compromising propositions
- Racist, sexist, religious, or otherwise inappropriate jokes
- Offensive language, insults, or obscene gestures
- Intrusion by pestering or stalking
- Behaviour, either in person or through the use of phone, e-mail, text messages, online activity such as social media, forums, websites, blogs etc., that threatens, stalks, defames, defrauds, degrades, victimizes or intimidates an individual or group of individuals for any reason; or incites or encourages anyone else to do so
- Unacceptable behaviour may be focused upon:
- Race, ethnic origin, nationality, or skin colour
- Sexual orientation
- Disabilities or sensory impairments
- Age, health, or other physical characteristics
- Religious or political beliefs
By attending programs and events conducted by ASMY, participants agree to follow all reasonable requests and instructions of the authorised representatives of ASMY and to abide by its’ “Mutual Respect Policy”.
ASMY has a zero tolerance position and reserves the right to refuse an individual entry to and participation in its programs and events, if in its opinion an individual’s conduct, behaviour, or intentions, breach this policy.
For all inquiries or to report abuse please contact the ASMY centre manager in your area or use the Contact Us page on this web site.